Join us for the Imagine the Land – Pigment Paste Up Project
Northern Rivers To Rome
Sunday 15 September 9.30-4.00pm
Explore natural pigments and colours of the Northern Rivers through making pigment paints and eco inks from local soils and foraged materials. Learn about the geomorphology of the Northern Rivers and connect in a creative exploration of the landscape. Learn to produce and make paste-up eco street-art works. We will install our on the day with wheat-paste on the streets of the Mullumbimby. These artworks will then be reproduced & I will install them in the street art district of Rome, Italy!
At the IMAGINE THE LAND project day we will;
- Make pigments paints & eco inks from local soils & foraged materials.
- Connect with the local soils in a creative exploration of the landscape, learn about the geomorphology of the Northern Rivers and how the landscape was created with guest landscape architect James Nash.
- Learn how to make paste-up eco artworks with our handmade pigment paints & eco inks.
- Create a series of take-home art explorations on papers with pigment paints & eco inks.
- Collaborate on designing and painting a street-art artwork
- Install our street art installation of our collaborative paste-ups with wheatpaste on the walls of the Northern Rivers.
- Our collaborative artwork will be reproduced and taken to Rome! You will receive live updates from Rome about when the Northern Rivers Artwork is being installed and documentation of the installation and photos of the final work in Rome to share with your friends & family!
- This is a creative arts workshop suited to all skills and abilities. All materials and resources included.
Young people welcome to join us (15+).
This is a fundraiser for an upcoming exhibition that Imagine the Land Project (https://www.karmabarnes.org/
WHEN: Sunday 15 September 9.30-4.00pm
WHERE: The Drill Hall Theatre, Mullumbimby, NSW
BOOKINGS: $100 for the day – includes all materials & resources
LIMITED SPACES PLEASE CONTACT ME TO BOOK YOUR SPOT
MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT
Imagine the Land Project – Our Story
Imagine the Land Project is a collaboration between local artist Karma Barnes (NZ/Australia) & Ekarasa Donlanovic (Croatia/NZ). Over the past 10 years, the project has worked with people of all ages in producing collaborative ecological artworks through socially and environmentally engaged artistic programs with around 10,000 people to cultivate creative and positive expressions of cooperation and collaboration. These engagements foster tangible experiences of teamwork, connection and intersubjectivity. This is the potent power of art, that so beautifully draws people together, mapping their connection to each other and the land. through soils and pigments.
It is this body of participatory work, that has engaged peoples connection with the creative project and that has led the Imagine the Land Project to be invited to exhibit in Rome at the Museum of Contemporary Art’s ‘MACRO ASILO Curatorial project’ this coming October!
The proposed project “Tocca La Terra” will be made out of Italian local soils hand gathered from the surrounding regions of Rome and regional Italy. These soils will be ground into fine pigments and transformed into a 15m long art installation, filling one of the MACRO exhibition halls.
Karma is also the director of the local street art project <In.scribe> Youth Project.
MA Expressive & Creative Arts Therapy, Grad.Cert ECAP, BA Art & Creativity
o Art Therapy Northern Rivers // Professional Registered ANZACATA
o Art Therapist www.karmabarnes.org
o Imagine the Land Project www.imaginetheland.com
o <In.scribe> Youth Arts Mentoring www.facebook.com/